Timeline of the Nagle Warren Mansion from 1867 to becoming a B&B in 1997
1867: Erasmus Nagle arrived in Cheyenne
1869: F.E. Warren arrived in Cheyenne, age 24
1871: F.W. Warren married Helen Maria Smith
1874: Erasmus Nagle married Emma Houseman
1876: George W. Nagle was born
1880: Helen Frances Warren was born
1884: Frederick Emroy Warren was born
1885: U.S. Marshalls office was moved off the mansion site to clear for building the mansion. Building was moved to Governor Warren’s house to become annex of the executive mansion
1886: Erasmus Nagle began construction of the mansion
1888: Mansion was completed for a cost of $50,000 plus furnishing. Large open house was held on July 26, 1888
1890: Erasmus Nagle died of peritonitis, leaving the mansion to his wife, Emma, and son, George
1890: F.E. Warren was elected first Governor of the State of Wyoming and the legislature chose him as Senator (served 37 years)
1902: Helen Maria Smith Warren died
1903: Helen Frances Warren graduated from Wellesly College, joined her father in Washington, D.C. and met Captain John J. Pershing
1905: Helen Frances Warren married Captain John J. Pershing
1906: Helen Elizabeth Pershing was born in Tokyo
1906: “Black Jack” Pershing was promoted to Brigadier General
1907 While owned by the Nagles, the house was occupied by General George Randall from 1907 – 1910
1908: Ann Orr Pershing was born in the Phillipines
1909: Frances Warren Pershing was born in Cheyenne
1910: Emma Nagle sold the mansion to F.E. Warren
1911: F.E. Warren married Clara LeBaron Morgan
1912: Mary Margaret Pershing was born in the Phillipines
1915: Helen Francis Pershing and the three girls perished in a fire at the Presidio, son Warren survived
1929: F.E. Warren died
1933 : Clara Warren gave the YWCA the mansion fully furnished; furniture, curtains, art, china, silver, etc. for $5000 The carriage house was remodeled and became the Y Playhouse.
1960: The stone exterior of the mansion began to crumble and the YWCA covered the outer walls in stucco. The stone front portico/porch was removed and a small porch and awning replaced it.
1985: Don and Barbara Sullivan purchased the home. They starter the renovation with the roof & gutters, refinishing the flooring 1&2, and kitchen.
1997: Jim Osterfoss purchased the home and turned it into a bed & breakfast.